Night Flight by Professor Eddy




"I wanted to do something special for AOR Disco this summer," says Professor Eddy. "After all those soft rock songs about sailing and driving, I thought it was time to put the spotlight on tunes about flying. To be honest, I have a little fear of flying myself, just like former Dutch soccer player Dennis Bergkamp and singer Gary Brooker of Procul Harum. But to overcome the fear, I have selected quite a few happy and joyful songs about taking a plane, although there are some dark tracks in it as well (from Albert Hammond, Scott Walker and The Motors).  I chose Art Garfunkel after hearing the track on one of the superb Ready 4 Airplay mixes from Flashlites Productions. By the way, according to Typically Tropical, the best airline company seems to be Coconut Airways." 




Steve Miller Band ‎– Fly Like An Eagle (1976)
Jolis & Simone – Night Flight (1979)
A Taste Of Honey – Sky High (1978)
Street Corner Symphony – I’ll Fly Away (1976)
Art Garfunkel – A Heart In New York (1981)
Michael Nesmith – Rio (1977)
Tommy Stewart – Night Flight (1976)
Typically Tropical – Barbados (1974)
Mascara (feat. Luther Vandross) – See You In L.A. [Eddy’s Edit] (1979)
Janis Ian – Fly Too High (1979)
The Motors – Airport (1978)
Albert Hammond – I Don’t Wanna Die In An Air Disaster (1974)
Paul McCartney & Wings – Jet (1974)
Gary Brooker – No More Fear Of Flying (1979)
The Stylistics – Fly! (1978)
Rodney Franklin – Endless Flight (1981)
Dimitri From Paris – Welcome Aboard (2003)
Spandau Ballet – I'll Fly For You (1984)
Scott Walker ‎– Lights Of Cincinnati (1969)






Comments

Popular Posts